The Todd family is in search of a teacher willing to volunteer to come to Haiti on a two month trial basis with the hopes of a longer return to teach their children. The opportunity being offered has dual roles. The first being a teacher for our children and also as finance support for Tytoo Orphanage, a local orphanage where you would be living.
The main things that we are looking for in a teacher:
· Education degree and/or Bachelor’s degree with teaching experience (Anders K, Brodie 8th grade, Abbi 11th grade - she attends high school in Port Au Prince and would need occasional help with homework)
· Committed Christ –follower
· Full financial support met for airfare and monthly budget (monthly budget includes: housing, meals, spending money. We can discuss this in detail if interested in applying.)
Tytoo is looking for someone who can manage thier finances. This includes:
· 1. Recording Daily Expenses
· 2. Making Monthly finance Reports
· 3. Assisting in monthly staff Payroll
· 4. Is willing to do miscellaneous office work
We are looking for these characteristics:
· Flexibility- life in Haiti can be rewarding but also challenging and frustrating for you as a first world citizen.
· Disciplined/Organized-the best planned day can get changed by distractions. Anders really needs to have structure and routine.
· Fun-we want someone that will make learning fun. Our kids are creative, smart, inquisitive, kind and playful.
· Committed- we need someone who can take on challenges and is able to push through the hard days in order to keep their commitment to us and our kids.
· Servant heart- we will probably ask you to do things “not in the job description” and we need someone who is willing to do life alongside our family.
· Missional- we would also like you to be involved with all the kids and staff at Sport Disciple and Tytoo.
If you are interested in this position please email us at email@example.com and we will go through an interviewing process with you via Skype or Facetime. We are looking for someone to full this position as soon as possible.
Please pray about this opportunity and contact us with any questions or share with people who you think may be interested!