Saturday, December 7, 2013

One Body with Many Parts - Thankfulness

 
 One Body with Many Parts
 
 
 
This post is about thankfulness.  The pic below is me twisting a piece of wire around a cross section of rebar.   The wire itself isn’t that strong, but once it’s twisted, doing its part in connecting the whole flooring section of rebar and then incased in concrete as part of the floor we just poured in our first of several youth camp dormitories, it became a part of something incredibly strong.  When I’m in the hot sun sweating, seeing the drops fall down on to my glove as I twist another wire I can't help but begin to think about all of the men and women we all need to be thankful for, how many teachers, coaches, Pastors, family members, friends and strangers were and are a part of our lives that have helped us along the way.   More than likely none of the thousands of children that stay a night or a week in one of these dorms while attending our camps will ever think about the sweat and love poured into that building.  They won’t know about my friend, who is pouring concrete for a living back in the states, who is twisting the wire or laying the rebar and at the end of the day is sending financial support so I can do it here.  They won’t know about my friend who is retired military, living on a fixed income, suffering from multiple health issues but still, at the end of the day she sends us financial support so I can get a drink of Gatorade so I don’t cramp up while sweating in the heat.  They won’t know about my great grandparents who prayed constantly for me before I was even born, that I would put God first in my life. 

Yes, this post is about thankfulness, there is so much more going behind the scenes of our everyday life we miss.  I’m thankful for every one of you who prays for us, works hard every day and finds a way to support our mission financially and I’m thankful for every one of you who I’ll never know about. 

God Bless!

Barrett
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
12 The human body has many parts, but the many parts make up one whole body. So it is with the body of Christ.
 
1 Corinthians 12:12

 
 

1 comment:

  1. very thought provoking post; thank you for giving me more to ponder.

    ReplyDelete